About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

It's a Free For All at the Sisterhood

Good morning everyone!  I don't know about you but I wish Mother Nature would make up her mind.  Last week it was so hot that I almost put on my central air.  It was 80 degrees in my house.  I didn't because I thought it was obsurd to put it on in April.  Now this week I had to turn the heat on and bring back out the hats and coats...bbrrrrr

We have a fun and super easy challenge for you all over at the Sisterhood of Crafters.  It is a free for all.  Make whatever you please!!  How easy is that????

It is coming upon Communion and Confirmation season.  It is very hard to find SVG's for this occasion.  I have 5 total that I am invited to with 4 of them being boys.  SVG ATTIC released a set that was perfect for this.  It is called FULL OF GRACE.  I was excited that the card made it so easy for me to make the cards that I needed in literally minutes.  I changed the communion wafer to the cross card since it was already a circle.  I cut the chalice out in several colors but couldn't decide what I liked.  So I took a white one and colored it in with my new Spectrum Noir markers to give it some detail. Then I took the label from the Kiss the Cook set also from SVG ATTIC and used the knife feature in my Silhouette Designer edition (I just love this tool) and cut the file to fit the card.  Added some TH distressing ink and wallah I was done! I just fell in love with the cross box that is also in the kit.  Those flowers look so detailed but yet they are easy to put together.  Gotta love that.  I thought that the cross box would be a cute and different way to put a gift inside. They could always keep it to put their Rosary beads in or a little keepsake. I love those little boys and girls and have lots of ideas to make projects with those cuts.



Next I took some papers and stamps from Stampin up! and made a quick card to add to my stash.  I don't have many of these cards and sadly you always need them. I love, love, love this paper and it is to bad that I covered most of it up :(



I hope you stop on by the Sisterhood and play along with our challenge.  It lasts two weeks so there is plenty of time for you to get crafty.  Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Both of your cards are gorgeous, but the first one is so amazing! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards!! I run into the same problem with First Communion and Confirmation, not much out there in the die cuts, but your cuts are great!

    ReplyDelete