About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Thursday, June 13, 2013

A few quick projects I made

There is another challenge going on over at the Sisterhood of Crafters.  We are doing a theme of "One for the Boys".  Asking you to create a project to celebrate the man in your life.  A man, boy, son, father etc. etc. whatever the project be make it male oriented.  I made a beer mug box, lime box and put it on top of an octagon shaped box.  I plan on giving it to my hubby for Father's Day filled with goodies.  Well I should say I HAD planned on doing that.  I did add some more decorations and embellishments to it.  But apparently my darling daughter thought it looked cool and played with it ripping the handle of the mug off.  The only picture I had was this one on my Iphone before she destroyed it.  The papers I used were actually WITCH HAZEL by October Afternoon meant for Halloween but I thought they looked boyish so I used them!  

I made these to give out as Thank you cards to those who came to my Twin's 4th birthday party.  It was ocean/sea themed so I used this whale from Kaboodle Bug Designs LITTLE SAILORS kit.  I know I am behind the 8 ball but I never used clip art before.  I was so excited that I would able to print out the files just the way they looked on her screen.  This enabled me to make several of these at once and super easy!  Safe to say I am now addicted to clip art.  You will be seeing more of it around...LOL

This is the card that I made from the Little Sailors kit.

This is all that comes with the kit  

Here is my beer mug ensemble from SVG Attic before it got destroyed.

I also made those cute little Tooth Fairy tin to keep those missing teeth safe until the Tooth Fairy comes! LOL I used the Pearly Whites Fairies set from KaDoodle Bug.  I measured the tin and made a shape in my SSDE that resembles the tin to help me get an idea of how to size my images.  I then did the Tooth Shaped house, Tooth Fairy on the outside and the Tooth Fairy on the inside.  While in SSDE I put the text into the cloud.  I think it is a cute way to get the little ones excited about the Tooth Fairy coming!



Here is everything that is included in the set.

Hope you enjoyed all my goodies.  Now I am off to button up and batten down the hatches.  We are expecting to get hit by round two of this horrible storm.

Hugs...





4 comments:

  1. Lisa, I wanted to thank you for the comment you left on my blog today. I'm so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful children, and I'm very happy that you have 2 more little ones and that you are able to express yourself through scrapping! Sending you a big hug. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa these are just wonderful. I hope you will visit my blog and link up that adorable what card for my red, white and blue linky party. Have a great day.

    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful projects, Lisa! Too bad the beer mug got "repurposed" because I am sure your husband would have loved it. It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been BUSY! OH my!! Your projects today are lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete