About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

MONOCHROMATIC challenge at the Sisterhood of Crafters

Hello everyone!  It is time for a new challenge over at the Sisterhood of Crafters.  The challenge is to make a project Monochromatic.  To be honest I was a little scared of this one.  I never really had much ease doing a monochromatic challenge.  I struggled with it since I was unsure of myself.  But I am very please with how this one came out.  

The style of the card is from SVG CUTS Dress shop kit.  I just wanted the design or the base of the card.  Next I used some papers from Stampin' Up! and ribbon from PaperTrey Ink.  Sadly everyone needs these cards in their stash so I made it into a Sympathy card.  I thought it was a very soft card that would work for a Sympathy card.  The stamp I used was from Craftin' Desert Divas SIMPLY SAID stamp set.  I have been using that one a lot lately since there are soooo many different sentiments and it covers many bases.



I hope you play along with our new challenge.  Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, the card is gorgeous. Love the blues and the pop of dark blue with the ribbon and I love those die cut corners! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete