About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Monday, January 4, 2016

My first post of 2016!

Happy New Year everyone!!! I can't believe 2015 is over already.  I for one am glad.  This was not a very good year at all for me.  Here's to hoping that 2016 is filled with many blessings, good health, safety and lots of love!

Today starts the first Linky Party challenge over at Craftin' Desert Divas.  The theme is "Let It Snow" which is very appropriate for this time of year.  However, as of yet we haven't had any snow.  I am not complaining but my girls sure are!


I wanted to play around and do something different. I am burnt out on Christmas etc so I came up with a card using this adorable bunny.  The bunny came from CDD's Hunny Bunny stamp set.  To get the hat to fit I first stamped the hat from the Chilly stamp set and then masked the hat.  Then I stamped the bunny.  I was so excited that it worked after a few tries.  Next I masked the bunny and stamped the piles of snowballs on both sides of him. After that was all done I masked off everything with either my Post-It note paper as well as my Molotow masking glue pen. 

 Once that was dried I stamped the stamp that resembles snow from the Across the Border stamp set all over the background.  I flipped it over and stamped in different areas to get the design I wanted.  Next I embossed it with a shimmery embossing powder and then used my Distress inks to make the background.  The sentiment and snowball pile came from the Chilly set as well.

I used my Fancy Frame dies as well as the Mix It up dies to complete the card. The heart that came from the Mix It Up dies I covered in SU Crystal Effects. To color everything in I used my beloved Winsor & Newton Promarkers.  I can't wait to get more of these!!!

I hope you come on over and play along with our challenge at Craftin' Desert Divas.  Have fun and challenge yourself to come up with something different!

Have a Great day!
Happy Crafting,
Lisa


Mix it up Dies 

Hunny Bunny stamp set 

Chilly stamp set 

Across the Border stamp set


No comments:

Post a Comment